Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wednesday-Our time here is half over

Cleaning the floors at Missionaries of Charity
Cameron Looking ready to serve

This is wedsnday, well you should know that by now. Also, this is my first missions trip. My name is Cameron Yeakle writing my first blog(woohoo)! I am going to tell you what has happend today. First, we did the usual travel to the site. After that, we arrived to our destination. The place was called Missionaries of Charity, which was first started by Mother Teresa. The people here serve lunch there day after day for the homless. Our job today was to cut up the ingredients to make todays lunch. After we accompolished that(which took a while), the workers had us serve the food to the the 300 or so people there. For a minute, I thought that it was going to be crazy. But, as always, I was wrong. Everybody was kind(well, most of them) and enjoyed it, I suppose they do everyday. I cleaned the dishes and served the people there. Thankfully, the people in my group were there to help me(and the people already working there as well). I am still ready what the next day brings me and ready to do anything. Well that is about it for todays blog. I hope you enjoyed wish us luck for our last two days here at DOOR. See you Sunday. Bye.
-Cameron Yeakle


No comments:

Post a Comment